There are a few things that the Spirit has told me to do lately, and I've done one. The one I prioritized as the most important. We now have 72 hour kits/packs. And I feel hugely relieved and blessed already. That's my bragging for the day. Maybe now I'll write in my journal some choice experiences. I figure what's the point of writing about people who are just going to die in the first catastrophe that comes along.
I'm a little; I take that back, a lot freaked out by what's happening in our scary world today. I never thought I would see the day when there would be food shortages and rationing. I live in the land of plenty for crying out loud. My house is depreciating as I type, so we're probably not moving any time soon. And some stimulus check is supposed to make it all better. The currency of the future is food, not cash or gold. Wes has a shotgun, but I'm ready for him to get a handgun so we can fend off the scavengers in these last days. Like some people in our ward who think that the church will take care of them in an emergency. I mean they take care of people in disasters all over the world so why not the good members right here in old SLC. Apparently the prophet only meant for those outside the city to have a year's food supply, right? You've got to be kidding me! This is the High Priest group leader of our ward! With a mentality like this I'm really not joking about the gun. I'm actually a little afraid that I've waited too long to finish getting my food storage, I'm only about 1/2 way there. My more robust neighbors will be picking the flesh off the bones of our skinny family, we'll die first.
Moral of the story, don't call me for a pick me up right now.
Dum, dum, dummm!
6 comments:
The fact that you are freaked out makes me more freaked out because you are usually the one telling me that I'm over-reacting. When you validate my feelings I don't know what to do with myself!
I am glad that I am not the only one! I was starting to think I was the only one seeing the crazy world around us currently. I am trying to get a 72-hour kit put together for Lance and I now, thanks to mom for the suggestion list. We have been building some food storage over the past couple weeks too. I just hope we can make it home if things get REALLY crazy! As for the guns...yeah, we're getting some.
I am nervous too but.
the truth is. freaking out is what perpetuates this whole thing. since we are moving we are gonna have to pretty much start over with the whole food storage thing.
so if any dissater could just wait a few months.
also there is a baby back ribs joke here but I'll restrain myself.
My goodness, calm down. It is great that you are listening to the spirit and getting prepared (if ye are prepared, ye shall not fear), but I agree with Matt. The things that are happening are because people are panicing. We have plenty for everyone, come on over. I really don't see the things in the world as any worse than they have been in the past. The same thing happened back in the 70's. It turned around and so will this glich in the economy. Man is that he might have joy, not panic, or worry. Be happy, count your blessings.
The economy isn't nearly as bad as the media would have you believe. Every single perceived negative in the economy right now can be attributed to a frenzied growth over the previous multiple years. That goes for houses, oil usage, stocks, everything. It will all correct back down to what should have been normal growth over that period.
As for the handgun, when you decide to get me one as a present, just tell Scott that I think I'd like one of the 5.7s. I'd like to shoot it first to make sure though. It will do the job nicely, especially because I'm scarily more accurate than I think I should be.
I have been nervous, but now your really making me nervous. I think I'm going to Costco...ahhhhhh....Monday!
Post a Comment