Thursday, June 5, 2008

Boy or Girl?

Does anyone else feel that their child innately looks like the sex they are? Or are there people out there who think their kids look homogeneous? Kinda like they could go either way? Dylan was in the sling the other day and someone asked me "boy or girl?" And I just thought, "Isn't it obvious?"

On the other hand I took my niece out to dinner with us once and she was wearing pink pants and a flower shirt, and the server still referred to her as a boy (sorry Missy). I don't live in the world of The Office where I dress my boy up in pink because it's his favorite color. OK, but I like pink and I would put him in pink because I think that his masculinity would shine through. Now I'm just spinning circles.

I just think that my boy has looked like a boy from the beginning.

3 comments:

Erin said...

He is totally a boy! When Eason was a baby, I would put him all in blue and a t-shirt that said "Boys rock" or something, and inevitably some old lady would say, "Oh... isn't she just the sweetest little girl you ever saw?"

Jen said...

Dylan looks like a boy to me. People are just dumb! You would think that head to toe pink dress, accessories and a bow would be a dead give-away that the kid is a girl and you would be safe to assume so, but people would ask me about Chloe all the time. Lovin The Office reference too!

Kathleen said...

That's a Wes face (and hair)!!