Monday, August 25, 2008
Unplug!!
I don't work out to music. I don't own an ipod or any type of mp3 player, mostly because Wes won't let me download music. Really I like exercising to my own shoes hitting the blacktop as I take heaving breaths. What bothers me is that I say "hi", "good morning" and the like to everyone I pass, while people avoid eye contact or can't hear me because their ears are stuffed with noise. Even the old folks are tuned out listening to MoTab or something. What is this world coming to! I've said hi to the drug dealers while they're holding up a bag of some kind of white powder, and after a couple of times I didn't see them anymore. I have to think that being aware of what's going on around you is important to the safety of the 'hood. My saying hi to everyone has only come back to bite me a handful of times, so I'm going to continue to try and make this world a better place. And partly because I'm afraid of getting hit by a car because I can't hear them coming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I would say hi if I saw you! I keep my mp3 player on really low so I can hear people, I hate being "tuned out" from the world around me!
you know what you two could do to make this world a better place. spend a little money, between yours and his post. I want to shoot myself in the head of the plain blandness that must press on you like a heavy weight.
you both seem to pretend its purposeful though so mabye it really makes you happy. It would help our economy though if you would at least get a tv for the love.
I run in the morning plugged in to my iPod. I say "Hi" to everyone I pass and 99% of them say "Hi" back or "Good morning." If I can't hear them, which I usually can, I can see their lips move. I can also hear cars coming and going, so maybe I'm not listening to my iPod loud enough????
I would have to agree with you. Everyone on campus here has headphones in their ears and usually step out in the street blindly, I'm surprised there haven't been more accidents. Thanks for your comment about my surgery, and don't worry, I'm the best rehab patient ever, probably beacause I've had years of training ;)
Post a Comment