Monday, September 15, 2008

Nostalgia

Saturday Wes and I were invited down to Snow College for the football game, a BBQ, and program honoring a bunch of retiring science guys. Being in Ephraim with Wes always makes me feel like an afterthought, but proud to be his wife at the same time. I wish I were exaggerating when I say that everyone down there knows Wes. That's why we got invited down. Not because my chemistry teacher remembered me from 10 years ago, but they all remembered Wes; the teachers, the radio guy, the people that own the pizza place/dance hall (they even gave us free drinks).It was a lot of fun to be back in a town that you can walk through in half an hour. And even though it's not a church school they still said a prayer before the BBQ. It's just small town goodness. It made me think of all the times we've been back down there since and not gone back to the temple that we got married in. One of Wes' teacher's wives (not in the polygamy sense, but they do live in Manti) offered to babysit for us while we went to the temple.

It was a good trip, and I bored Jacob who's attending this year with tidbits of Wes and I meeting and dating. I crammed a lot of good things into my 1 year at Snow, but somehow that was the 1st football game I ever went to. I did get to talk to someone Wes didn't know better. I ran into Aaron from PT school who was there with his wife. It was good to see a familiar face on my part.

PS I am getting closer to becoming a cowgirl. Thursday after therapy and all the kids had left, I stayed late to do some cow cutting to practice for the team sorting coming up next month. The monumental part was that I wore spurs. I've never worn spurs before and it made me a little nervous to use them. But it was so fun on a horse that knows what they're doing. I even found myself grabbing the saddle horn when he would spin to chase down the cow. I flatter myself that I have a good enough seat that I don't need to hold on if I would just cowboy up a little and stop being such a chicken.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard that Wes has quite a reputation at Snow....hmmmmm....i wonder why that is? someday i want to hear the dirt!

Jenny Hart Turk said...

Now, I know all about Wes's reputation at Snow....I just have to say I'm glad that I was part of the introduction between the two of you. Snow... all the memories :)