Tuesday, November 4, 2008
The Sorting Fundraiser
The good news is we raised a lot of money. The bad news is I didn't get to ride my horse. Any pictures you see with a black horse. That's him. My love, with my husband riding him. That horse can make anyone look good.
So the really exciting news is I got to ride with my dad. Which hasn't happened in I don't know how long. We got to ride in 3 rounds and the first 2 were stinkers. My dad's horse wouldn't go for anything, even after my dad put spurs on. The horse I rode, Jess, was awesome. She was so fun to ride. I had to ride her into a sweat for about 45 minutes to get her to focus and listen to me, but she as great once we got into the cows. She was dancing around, ready to go, biting the cows. A really great cow horse. The reason why I didn't get to ride my perfect horse, was because he is so good that he had to go to people who don't ride as well. I suppose I should be flattered that people think you can put me on anything and I'll be fine. Even a horse that's been up on a mountain for a month, hence the long warm up. What I'm writing probably sounds really unfocused. But I loved it and had so much fun, I'm going to sign up for more teams next spring when we do it again.
Our last run left me on an adrenaline high that took me awhile to come down from. My dad was finally on a horse worth riding and we were doing great. We had 4 cows in the pen and I was driving the last 3 over the line in order. But stupid #2 how to run ahead of #1. I think we will definitely do better next time.
I really loved riding with my dad. It made my vivid fantasy world expand to owning a ranch with cows and doing this everyday with my dad. He loves it as much if not more than I do. If only it were financially realistic. We'd do sorting and penning competitions all over the state. But we don't have a ranch or horses or cows.
Thanks everyone who came and supported us. It really makes a difference to the kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
this is way great! Love the picture and the horses :)
It looks like so much fun! I hope we can make it out to watch you sometime.
I wanted to go, but we had too much on our plate. I'd like to watch somtime though.
I think me and the horse share a few things in common other than our pale skin that you so rudely pointed out. It usually takes me 45 minutes to focus and listen to you too. Sorry we didn't make it this time...it looks like you did great.
Jess...(chuckle, chuckle, chuckle)...so, you've met my daughter, Andrea?
I'm ready to trade in my motorcyle for a horse and move to the country and beat up on cows. And the picture of you with your head on my shoulder is one of my favorite pictures ever and now I know why Dylan is so cute. Dad
I am SO sad I missed it..
Post a Comment