We did this cowboy themed. I thought it was only fair since we did pirates for Halloween. People, I have learned my lesson. I went way too overboard with this party for a baby. The food wasn't ready and I didn't even have makeup on when people started showing up, further elevating my stress level. I spent way too much money and decided to make food way too complicated for too many people, even though it was just family.(Turks are family) Dylan got spoiled rotten. Someone tell me birthday hype dies rapidly with age. Thanks to my parents again for all of thier help. I wouldn't have been able to pull this off half so well without it.

Dylan was way more psyched about opening presents on his birthday than he was on Christmas. He yelled and clapped with each one.

Check out this cute boot cake made by Shelly Urry from Granite Bakery. It was carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. One of the few cakes I'll eat and it was delicious.

Dylan smiled and waved his arm around while we sang Happy Birthday. Just after I almost burned my poor grandpa with wax.

Wes and I got him this pop up tunnel and tepee set that he wasn't too thrilled about going through. So I'm going through with him, but just barely.
I am so grateful to have this happy healthy little boy.

Because I never want to do this again.

For all the trouble we had getting him here then keeping him here those first couple of weeks, I will never take for granted the true blessing and miracle that he is. I just expected him to be walking by now. He did everything else early.
4 comments:
Sadly, the hype for throwing parties starts dying down at just about the same time the kid you are throwing them for starts caring. One of life's cruel tricks on mothers!
A true miracle child! He is absolutely adorable and it looks like he enjoyed his party! Love the cake too, nice work.
Not sure if you have realized this or not yet, but your kid looks just like you, acts just like you, and is just as tough as you are. Good work. Super cool cake too.
Happy Birthday Dylan!!
Post a Comment