Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tea for Two

Dylan and I went a'protestin' today. I took these awesome picture with my phone camera. It was freezing and we were soaking wet, so we didn't stay long. Were I a smart person, I would have put on my goulashes that were in the back of my car, and brought the umbrella from the back seat. Since I'm not a smart person my pants were wet 1/2 way up my calves, soaking my socks, and both our hoodies were pretty damp. It's been a long time since I've been to a protest, and I figure it's never too soon to teach a kid how this world runs. So we didn't have a sign, and I never did see who was talking. But maybe just because I paid $4 to park downtown and stood in the snow for awhile, Obama will know that I'm the only one who can take my husband's hard earned money.
We stopped for lunch in some office building on our way back to the car.

Note: Wes has just informed me that the president and Homeland Security now view Dylan and I as terrorist threats for going to a protest. Apparently the 1st Amendment doesn't go as far as it used to.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

You go, girl!

Jess said...

That is too cool!! I wish I would have gone. I'm surprised that it is getting any media coverage at all. Apparently if you disagree with King Obama then you are a terrorist.

Lance and Alayna said...

Lance went to the Tea Party here with a bunch of friends from school. He said it was really cool and he was glad he went. I'll have to post a picture of the sign he made. It was pretty funny.

Jen said...

I am extremely impressed that you protested, much less with a child in tow, you terrorist you! I can barely handle a quick trip to target with kids much less a protest in the rain!

Shantell said...

I love this so much! You go... Dylan will have to give our kids some pointers we are behind on their lessons of how to be a true patriot!

This is Kevin just using Shantells id....