Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New Horse

I know this is a small picture, but it's off a phone. This is Chester he's a 9 y/o haflinger gelding and we're going to start using him for the therapy program on Thursday. We got him from the animal shelter for $20. How would you feel if you're a well trained horse and your life was only worth $20. I think it's sad.

Cindy who runs the program asked me if I could take him home. After talking to Wes, we both decided that we're too stressed about selling the house and getting a truck to transport two horses, to take him right now. So he's going to spend the winter in Idaho with the guy we move cows for, then maybe I'll bring him home in the spring. After I talk to my grandparents to see if they're ok with me having a second horse. I'm really relieved that the decision can wait until spring.


1 comment:

Jess said...

He is beautiful. $20 bucks makes me sad too.