Yes!! I've never won a sorting competition before, but I did tonight. First place, in just 43 seconds. Sorting is an addictive adrenaline rush. I think it is for the horses too. The only sad part was it wasn't on Sampson. He has a little bug up his bum and I don't feel safe riding him in my "delicate" condition.
I started out on Chester, who was mentioned a few posts ago. He didn't do anything to make me nervous. In fact, he didn't do anything. What horse will just stand there or go backwards when kicked hard and repeatedly with spurs. Chester is a wonderful therapy horse, but I don't know that I'm feeling the love for him as much.
I borrowed a friend's horse, Ike, who is amazing. He's a ranch horse who really has it out for cows. It's amazing that a horse that size can get going so fast in such a small area.
If you actually read all of this, don't forget our therapy benefit sorting this coming Saturday, Dec. 5th at 6:00; Buffalo Ranch in Farmington. Please come to watch, or participate in the silent auction, or raffle.
1 comment:
Can't wait to see you and Dad and Evan in action. Woo-hoo! Ride 'em cowboys!
Post a Comment