Sunday, December 13, 2009

Moving and Funerals

Wes and I spent Friday night organizing everything to move Saturday morning. It was exhausting, and I hate saying that it was exhausting. I hate not being able to do everything I normally could because I'm carrying around an extra 10+ lbs of parasite. Somehow add 10 pounds out front and you have to take away 20 pounds of what you can lift. Ok, I just really hate saying I can't physically do something.

Thank you everyone that came to help us, it went really fast thanks to your amazing muscles.

Another thing that shouldn't happen...funerals when you're pregnant and tired. Wes' Granny Joyce died this week and the funeral was yesterday. I'm also pretty sure that I was the last one to know that she died because Wes had some imaginary conversation with me. It was really great to see so much of Wes' crazy Smith family together. But I've got to say, they are the experts at not talking about the elephant. So to continue in that vein; whenever Joyce called Wes to ask for his number and I would talk to her, she would bless me profusely for marrying Wes. So I just hope that in her happiness of being reunited with her Jimmy, she will continue to bless me for marrying Wes. We all know I need it.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

OK, so it really bothers me that you call your baby a "parasite," but hey, that's just me, right?

Jenny Hart Turk said...

I'm glad you guys got out okay. Did the house you put your offer on accept? Or are you still house hunting!
Hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!

Melissa Smith said...

bless you andrea.... if only for my sake. knowing wes i was very afraid of who he might marry. I was VERY pleasantly surprised.. And kathy yes a little weird.