Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sewing Bug

Once I start sewing one thing, I can't stop. I want to just make more things, regardless of whether they are necessary.

This first set is necessary. I needed padded covers for my new trailer/jogger so the nylon straps didn't cut into my kids necks. To take the new stroller and covers for a test run we went roller blading. Unfortunately Maisy needs to grow a little to really fit. And this is what I look like after my first aerobic workout in 2 months.

Then just because I liked this material and I felt that I needed a bag for the library, I made this.Please pretend like I don't have a closet full of bags that could do the same thing.

In the middle of all this sewing we had a couple of bloody noses. This is what one looks like mostly cleaned up.I feel like I need to teach Dylan to say, "You should have seen the other guy." Poor kid. I had to take a picture because I just couldn't believe the amount of blood.

So, I trying to copy Claire's cute headbands this is what I came up with. It's a little big and unproportional to Maisy's tiny head, but I think it's moving in the right direction. All of these were just scraps of material I had left over from other sewing projects, so this headband isn't exactly the cutest material. But try to catch the vision.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Gage is impressed with the amount of blood and I'm impressed with the sewing. Nice going girl.

Megan said...

wow that is alot of blood. Good work on the sewing!