We had to put Mela down today. It was a really difficult decision to make. She's been deteriorating for months now, but she finally stopped eating and drinking, and was barely getting up. She was my baby before I started having babies, my running/hiking buddy, the happy face on a rotten day. She was very much a part of our family and she will be greatly missed.
I'm sorry you had to experience this. It is sooooo dang hard, but you know it is the best thing to do. My best memory of Mela was when we went to Goblin Valley and we made her trek with us for 9 miles through slot canyons in 90 degree weather, and she was a champ! Dogs are really man's best friend. They do anything for you! I'll miss her!!
I won't know what to do next time I visit and I don't have Mela's nose in my crotch. It was my own special greeting when I came to your house. She was such a good girl.
5 comments:
I'm so sad for you and Wes. Mela was a good old girl.
How sad, I know you guys really loved Mela. She was a good dog.
I'm sorry you had to experience this. It is sooooo dang hard, but you know it is the best thing to do. My best memory of Mela was when we went to Goblin Valley and we made her trek with us for 9 miles through slot canyons in 90 degree weather, and she was a champ! Dogs are really man's best friend. They do anything for you! I'll miss her!!
I won't know what to do next time I visit and I don't have Mela's nose in my crotch. It was my own special greeting when I came to your house. She was such a good girl.
I'm so sorry to hear about Mela. She was a sweetheart. :(
Post a Comment