Marley and Me.
Not that it wasn't funny. Not that it wasn't well done. But all the people who thought it was great, aren't as close to the end as we are. I knew the dog got old and died at the end. That's why I put off seeing it. Mela probably only has a year or two left. A few months ago she couldn't get up due to arthritis. Now she's on a miracle drug and doing fine, but how long will that last.
Anyway, Wes and I both cried and cried. More than we have over anything in a long time. We are blessed people and have very little to be sad about. But knowing that we don't have much time left with our dog, that movie hit too close to home.
5 comments:
Yep. Not seeing it. Ever.
I am never seeing it. I know it ends badly, and no matter how cute and sweet people say it is, I refuse to put myself through that emotional turmoil! And to pay to do it??? Uh- Uh! No Freaking Way!
I kinda' wish there was a version of the movie that was just the part until they move! That said, I doubt I can ever see it a second time!
I really loved this movie, but I completely understand how it could hit too close to home. I am glad your sweet dog is doing good right now. Dogs are the best!! This movie made me and Grant for sure about getting a dog for our family. Just not quite yet.
I cried so hard at the end! Both Mike and I were sobbing and we don't even have a dog (yet). I was just thinking of sweet Eddie. They really are a part of the fam :)
Post a Comment