I had my magical 29th birthday on the 29th of May. I would like the point to be taken that I will not get any older than this. It's done. I might reconsider if I can turn 30 on a beach after a good dive.
This year we had my birthday party in the back yard. Not because it's amazingly nice, but because the river in the canyon scares me with little kids around. It was great and thanks everyone for coming to the last birthday party I'll ever have.I have the best husband who got me everything I wanted for my birthday even if he wasn't planning on it. I'm spoiled. I got a bike trailer/jogger, and I've already biked to the grocery store twice with Dylan. On a side note I'm super out of shape and thought my legs would fall off. I have also joined the 21st century by getting an ipod. I'm still not allowed to download songs at our house, but it's a start.
Maisy had her 2 month check up today and though you might not be able to tell from the picture, her head is too small.
We have to check back in a month to see if her head has grown together or if we need to get x-rays. All I know is that I don't want to have another baby have a major surgery. This time feels less life and death so I'm not so worried. She's a beautiful baby with wonderfully squishy cheeks that are the best to kiss. She has the cutest dimple when she smiles, and she thinks it's funny to stick her tongue out at you. If she gets upset while on her tummy she pushes with her legs and has done a lap around her crib. And her hair is growing back in quite nicely. There may be piggies by 1 year yet.
This little kid is a chip off the old block. Here he is dressed like his dad. He flips his sunglasses to the back of his head to be like dad. He told me he goes to the "man store" with dad, not mom. Today he told me he needed a backpack to go to school. I told him he had to have another birthday before he could go to school. It made me kind of sad that he wants to grow up at all. I want him to just stay little and drive his trucks all over the couch.
3 comments:
I get a funny mental picture every time I think of Maisy and Claire playing together in about a year. Claire's huge head next to Maisy's little head. Poor little sweetheart. Here's hoping neither one needs surgery. I think Tim looks really good in Wes's jacket.
Happy Birthday Andrea!! Enjoy that 29th year. I think it has been my hardest, as far as coming to terms with age, but now I am ready to bring on the hot mature 30's!
Happy Birthday!!!! Backyard birthdays are the best :)
29 was seriously traumatic for me too. When W was little he was a serious momma boy, then all of the sudden he was R's little shadow...it's pretty cute to see him get ready for their "skate session" on Saturdays and see them do Taekwondo together, leaves more time for us girls to do our thing!
Post a Comment