Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Laughing

In the beginning, I was worried that Dylan would never warm up to Maisy. Now he's accepted her as a fact of life that's not going away. But tonight after baths, Dylan had her laughing more than I've ever heard. After a 10 hour day at work, and Wes at "man movie night" it made my heart happy. Having your kids laugh and play together is pure joy.

On a side note, I never thought I'd like going through this first year again. And I still think all this dependence is hard. But I want to freeze my kids so they stay like this forever. Dylan can always be two and a half and Maisy can be 4 months. Dylan is never going to get the backpack he wants so he can go to school, he's going to stay home with me and little forever. I never want him to stop saying the funny innocent things that he says. And Maisy is so sweet. You can cuddle her, she loves to smile and giggle. She's a stinker that rolls over because she can not because she wants to. And she loves her mama the most, and that's okay. I just can't kiss the 2 of them enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that Andrea getting mushy? I love it! There is nothing like your own kids. Nothing. I feel the same way and cringe at the thought of Mason starting kindergarten and Quincy starting preschool this year. How is that allowed???

Jen said...

Amen!