Sunday, February 22, 2009

How to Eat an Oreo

This is for posterity and it's very important to me. I've been working on perfecting this technique for years, and I think in the last week I've hit upon perfection. Turns out it's a six-step process.

1. Get some Oreo's. Do not buy them from Costco, they do not soak up the milk as well.

2. Pour a glass of milk. Any percent milk will do. I drink skim, it makes me feel better about the fact that I'm about to slam a stack of cookies. The glass must be wide enough and the milk deep enough to completely submerge a full size Oreo.

3. Get a fork. "A fork?" you ask. Yes, trust me. You are going to gently spear the Oreo from the side. All four tines through the creamy center.

4. Dunk the Oreo completely in the milk. Note: no milk or crumbling cookie on your hands, due to fork.

5. Watch the milk carefully. Bubbles will come up from the location of the submerged Oreo. Do not get distracted by conversation or other things or you will miss the last bubble come up.

6. After the last bubble rises, remove the Oreo from the milk and it will be perfectly soaked to the point that if falls apart in your mouth. I prefer to put the whole thing in at once, but I have a big mouth.

5 comments:

Erin said...

NO. You take a knife and gently pry the oreo apart. Then you scrape the cream center out and discard it. Then, holding the top edge carefully, you submerge it in milk! Ahhh... now I want some Oreos!

Jen said...

LOL!

Kathleen said...

"Slam a stack" ? You are too funny.

BugHunter said...

"...but I have a big mouth."

[insert any one of hundreds of responses running through my head, preferably one appropriate for public consumption.]

Lance and Alayna said...

Honestly, ever since you came to visit last October (2007) and you ate Oreos that way, Lance and I can't eat them any other way. We're addicted to the fork method. Although, I am glad that you specified about the bubbles, 'cause I've had more than one incident with drowning cookies.